Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fitness Friday: Struggles with Stress

Well, it fits in quite well with the rest of my week that Fitness Friday isn't happening until Saturday. This has been a week I absolutely don't want to repeat. If I learned anything (or had previous lessons enforced), it's that my husband and I do not do well if we aren't working together. I've always cherished our commute together, and we both make a deliberate effort to protect our evenings. But due to the "Perfect Storm" (and I don't mean the movie or the near-blizzard that's going on outside my window), we had to take two cars every day and saw each other for about 15 minutes.

Monday night I was gone for dodgeball (my one true bit of exercise this week...again). Tuesday night we had friends over until well past our usual bedtime. Wednesday night Jon was running a teen group fundraiser, and Thursday night was a church board meeting. All of this was nicely wrapped up by a huge cry fest from me when Jon asked what was stressing me out. And for a bow on top, I've got a nasty cold (yes, I know there's no other kind...but saying just "cold" doesn't convey my feelings about the buggerly little virus).

So I would have to say that my fitness this week, whether spiritual, physical, or emotional, ranks about a 4 on a 1-10 scale where 10 is "stellar!". I really feel like saying 1, but I know it could be a lot worse. It is just a cold after all. My eating habits were quite good. Social marks are probably up from usual, as we spent more time with friends. And after our long, tearful, discussion I feel a huge burden off my shoulders.

I'll talk more about what was going on with stress in a later post. Now I'm going to go cuddle up with a cup of Moroccan Mint Green tea, a blanket and my family and watch A White Christmas.

Thanks again to Brenda at The Family Revised for hosting Fitness Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Aw, so sorry you're not feeling well, but it sounds like you've got the remedy down. A good cry, comfort from the hubby, hot tea and a movie with the fam.

    At least your choices in food were good this week.

    And dogeball? REALLY?!? Does your team have matching uniforms? Sounds fun! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! I hope you had fun with your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! You know how laid back and jealous of my time that I am so I have total sympathy for people who get frazzed. I'm sending chicken soup and fluffy blanket thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you're idea of trying to rate on a scale how you're fitnesses are this week. If I apply the same to myself, I realize (too long after making a grumbly post) that I'm only slightly below average as well, and not in a whirlwind spiral to hopelessness.

    Hope your cold is just a memory by next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool that you play dodgeball! I too had one of those weeks and it is still going on today. My daughter is dancing in the Nutcracker and that ruled every night last week and performances over the weekend! We were also stressed over how little time we were getting with each other. It makes such a difference in life when you are connected with your spouse doesn't it? I am happy that you found time to reconnect and work out your feelings. That was GOOD! Have a better, less busy week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have learned over the course of FF so far...that busy week's destroy our eating/fitness plans faster than ANYTHING. Don't worry--you won't have to repeat this week and I'm glad you lived through it! Start fresh this week. :)

    ReplyDelete